I live in an older house in the worst type of climate. A majority of the time, my life isn’t affected by my harsh living conditions. The only thing that is would be my laundry habits. I live about 10 minutes from the nearest area, and I don’t have a washer or drier at my house. Sometimes, I make the trip into town to do some washing, but most of the time I just scrub our clothes by hand at home. I make use of the oil gas furnaces to heat our house, and they always do okay. On top of heating the home, I use the oil gas furnaces to clean up our clothes inside when it is below cold outside. One morning, I had just completed hanging up our laundry over our heater, when it right out began spewing grey smoke. In a panic, I unjammed the gas furnace and called the Heating, Ventilation as well as A/C business to come look at the problem. He told myself and others that by putting our clothes over our oil heater, I was allowing a lot of moisture into the air around our oil heater. The moisture had wrecked our heater’s thermal fuse, which is what controls when the gas furnace switches off. With the thermal fuse is wrecked, our gas furnace overheated and began to burn the oil inside. The burnt oil allowed all the grey smoke in our home. The Heating, Ventilation as well as A/C specialist also told myself and others that I was fortunate to catch the smoke when I had. It seems, a damaged thermal fuse can cause explosions in oil heaters.